UPGRADING PRE- AND IN-SERVICE TEACHERS’ DIGITAL
SKILLS WITH ONLINE STEAM HANDS-ON TRAINING MODULES
Intellectual output 1
Digital Competences Framework in STEAM teaching, leaded by JYU
Lead: JYU | Mar21-Jan23 | Quality management: TLU
- Creating a model for how to apply DigCompEdu framework in the development and evaluation of STEAM training modules, laboratory, and pedagogical manual
- Selecting the most relevant items from DigCompEdu for STEAM Upgrade modules
- Mapping items with the sections of the online STEAM Upgrade modules training modules
- Creating the assessment framework for the for STEAM Upgrade modules material
- Writing the manual for using the assessment tool
The STEAM Upgrade Framework will be extensively used in teacher education programs and professional development program design. It will be implemented in the participating EduLabs and further STEAM programs. STEAM upgrade framework will support the development and evaluation of resources which improve both educators’ digital skills and help them to support the development of learners’ transversal and subject-specific competencies, particularly Key competencies. Additionally, the STEAM Upgrade Framework will be available for third party stakeholders (other universities, developers and distributors of STEAM tools, institutions offering STEAM training courses for teachers, etc.). STEAM Upgrade framework will also support both the design and evaluation of other educational resources.
This project (reference no. 2020-1-EE01-KA203-077987) has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This website and all its contents reflect the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for
any use which may be made of the information contained therein.